WP1 will ensure effective and efficient management of the project.
The objectives of this work package are:
- To facilitate communications and collaboration between partners and with the EC and its representatives
- To monitor progress and the use of resources and budgets at project level, and provide management reports to the EC
- To coordinate the technical work carried out in the project across all work packages, and ensure that the project objectives are achieved within the planned time and budget
- To ensure the quality of work including deliverables; to track technical and financial risks to the project and manage the response to ameliorate them.
Requirements, Feedback and Evaluation
Partners involved in this Work Package will ensure that the toolbox that will be created can be used across all institutional levels (local, national, EU) and audience (decision-makers/policy-makers) targeted, while incorporating feedback from the target audience into forthcoming iterations of the prototype, and evaluating the accuracy and usefulness of the final prototype for the target user group.
The objectives of this work package are:
- Define scenarios and policy issues which can be used to drive and evaluate the ICT research carried out by the consortium.
- Engage directly with governmental policy makers from different levels of government in different European states.
- Understand the requirements of policy-makers in relation to the data and sources used to inform policy and how policy modelling or simulation might fit into the current policy making process.
- Incorporate feedback from decision-makers into the prototype design process to ensure the final Sense4us tool is as usable and as useful as possible to the target audience.
- Develop methodologies, examples and guidelines for the successful application of Sense4us techniques.
- Keep the project relevant - Track developing technologies and social attitudes towards technologies in the Sense4us space over the project’s lifetime.
The primary function of WP3 is to design the system architecture that addresses the user requirements and integrates the work done by all other partners into a toolbox that is usable by the end users.
The main objectives of WP3 are the following.
- Create and maintain a system architecture that enables all components from all partners to function and interact correctly
- Ensure that the system architecture and design addresses the requirements of the end users
- Update the system architecture as requirements from the end users develop over the course of the project
- Update the system architecture as technologies, usage patterns and attitudes from outside the project change over the project’s lifetime
Semantic Search & Consolidation of Linked Open Data
WP4 is responsible for designing and developing models and services for capturing, analysing and integrating related but heterogeneous large data sets, from public sources. The overall goal of WP4 is to provide semi-automated means to access information from open data sources that is relevant to the policy proposal in question.
The objectives of WP4 are as follows.
- To provide tools that recommend the most relevant data sources, based on the policy document’s contents;
- To provide tools that can execute distributed searches across multiple data repositories.
- To integrate heterogeneous data from different sources within the results of a single search;
- To provide users a consistent view of different heterogeneous data sets;
- To provide a possibility to export the integrated data sets in standardized formats for dissemination.
Analysis models and tools
The objectives of this WP are to:
- Develop analysis and prediction models to understand the dynamics of citizen’s policy discussions and the spread of polarized sentiment in social media.
- Develop analysis models and tools to extract evidence from citizen’s policy discussions in social media.
- Develop analysis models and tools to extract evidence from open data sources.
- Design and develop semantic models for capturing and representing the lifecycles of policy-related debates, along with associated collected evidence.
The two major objectives of this work package are:
- The development of ICT tools for game theoretic simulation of alternative policy consequences. These tools will visualize and demonstrate to policy makers what their decisions on certain issues might result in terms of societal consequences
- The development of ICT tools for decision evaluation of policy options taking into account multiple objectives, multiple stakeholders with differing preferences.
Integration of Proof of Concept
The major purpose of this task is to create a working toolkit from the components developed by the research partners in the project that is usable by the target audience of policy makers and citizens.
The specific objectives of this work package are the following.
- Develop a system infrastructure that enables the components from work packages 4, 5 and 6 to work together in order to address the requirements of WP2.
- Develop and maintain a working prototype toolkit that can be evaluated by the end users in WP2.
- Iteratively and frequently update the prototype.
- Develop and maintain a user interface for users of the system.
- Produce a publicly-available package containing the demonstrator system.
Dissemination and exploitation
The WP8 objectives of Sense4us project are the following:
- To launch an effective internal and external communications strategy focused on the project’s vision and design the dissemination activities’ plan.
- To attract the highest amount of users of the project’s platform in order to maximize the take-up and sustainability prospects beyond the project’s end.
- To ensure that the project’s objectives, methodology, benefits and findings will be widely and effectively communicated and disseminated among all potential users and interested stakeholders (at local, national and European level).
- To establish a consistent and distinctive project identity and maintain a favourable reputation.
- To raise visibility and awareness of the project’s objectives, mission and expected results.
- To attract key stakeholders interested in Sense4us initiative for knowledge sharing.
- To demonstrate the results of the Work Packages methodology, support their work through widespread promotion of their results and dissemination actions.
- To define the exploitable solution of the project and promote its use beyond the project’s end.
- To define an exploitation strategy and objectives to ensure the take-up of the project’s solution in the long-term.
- To create a detailed exploitation plan that will be updated throughout the project’s timeline.